To develop the clinical application of Lamiflo™ for the treatment of low blood flow and microvascular shunts in cerebrovascular, cardiovascular, peripheral and organ-specific vascular diseases.
Edwin M Nemoto
Chief Executive Officer
PhD in Physiology, Biochemistry and Radiation Physics. Edwin Nemoto has fifty-six years research experience on the circulation and metabolism of the brain in various pathological conditions such as stroke, cardiac arrest, traumatic brain injury, anesthesia, and temperature. patent co-owner and Founder of Shearit, LLC.
WHY WERE YOU SELECTED FOR YOUR CURRENT ROLE AT SHEARIT, LLC
Founder of Shearit, LLC
Developing the concept of low flow and microvascular shunting as the final common pathway in cerebrovascular disease and its mitigation with a drag reducing polymer trademarked as Lamiflo™ the basis for Shearit, LLC.
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT & PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP
- 10-15-year-old boys’ soccer coach,
- President, Mt. Lebanon, PA, Intramural Boys Lacrosse team
- President Japan-American Society of Pittsburgh,
- Built the Japanese classroom in the Cathedral of Learning, University of Pittsburgh.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS & CREDENTIALS
- International Society of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism
- International Society of Oxygen Transport to Tissue
- Fellow Stroke Council of the American Heart Association
- National Neurotrauma Society